APOPKA ART AND FOLIAGE FESTIVAL
Location: Kit Land Nelson Park
35 S. Park Avenue
Schedule of Events:
Friday: 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM – Registration
Saturday: 6:30 AM - 8:00 AM - Registration
9:00 AM - Art Exhibits open to Awards Committee
9:30 AM - Opening Ceremony
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM - Apopka Art and Foliage Festival
Sunday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM - Apopka Art and Foliage Festival
12:00 PM - Awards Presentation
April 23, 2022 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
April 24, 2022, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Categories and Awards
(Awards will be given at the sole discretion of the judges.)
Fine Arts and Fine Hand Crafts
Fine Art: 2 Dimensional
Painting, Drawing, Pastel, Printmaking,
Mixed Media, Photography
Fine Art: 3 Dimensional
Ornamental Pottery, Sculpture, Glassware, Stained Glass,
Functional Pottery, Precious Metal / Gem Jewelry,
Intricate Woodworking, Hand-woven Items
Best of Show $1500
Award of Excellence $1000
Awards of Distinction $700
Awards of Merit $500
Awards of Honor $200
Costume Jewelry, Clothing, Accessories, Woodwork,
Metalwork, Glass and China Art, Leatherwork, Candles
Judges' Choice Award $150
1st Place Award $125
2nd Place Award $100
3rd Place Award $75
Award of Honor $50
Rules and Regulations:
Please Note - If any violation occurs, the artist may be required to forfeit the entry fee and be asked to leave.
1. All approved exhibitors must register prior to booth set-up. The check-in booth is located on Orange Street, at Kit Land Nelson Park. Registration hours are Friday, 3:00 until 6:30 PM and Saturday, 6:30 until 8:00 AM.
2. A minimum of four pieces of art must be displayed in each booth. The following are prohibited and will not be accepted: manufactured articles, dealer’s imports, kit objects, ceramic cast from commercial molds, art supplies, loose stones, commercial patterns and items purchased for resale. Live plants are prohibited. Jewelry not made by exhibitor is prohibited. No substitute exhibitors will be allowed to represent the artist.
3. Nudism in the form of art is allowed. However, pornography in any form is prohibited.
4. The selling of items or the likeness of items other than those submitted for jury review is prohibited.
5. Art work that has won an award in a previous year at the Apopka Art and Foliage Festival cannot be considered for judging in a subsequent year. You may display past award ribbons.
6. Each display (booth) space is 12’ X12’. All work must be contained within the assigned space, or a second booth space must be purchased for overflow. Only one artist is permitted to exhibit in a space – no sharing of spaces. Artists will be provided a booth identification card which must be prominently displayed on the front of the booth for the duration of the show.
7. Exhibitors are responsible for the erecting and dismantling of their booths. Booths must be set up and open during the hours of the Festival; and exhibitors agree to be present and display their work for the duration of the show. All vehicles must be removed from the Art Exhibit area between 8:45 AM and 5:00 PM on Saturday, and between 9:45 AM and 4:00 PM on Sunday.
8. Parking: No exhibitor vehicle or trailer parking is allowed on Orange Street. One parking pass per booth will be provided for parking in the reserved exhibitor parking area. Additional Parking Passes will be available for purchase.
9. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and forwarding 6.5% Florida Sales Tax to the Department of Revenue.
10. Generators are not allowed in the Art area of the park.
11. Park will have police security until 5:00 PM on the 24th.
A) Submit your application:
Submit completed application on-line by March 15, 2022 along with a $150 payment
(Please note: All late submissions received after March, 15 2022 will require $175 registration fee.)
Complete registration by submitting the appropriate registration fee thru PayPal on the website. OR:
Print and complete application.
Submit completed application, along with appropriate registration fee check.
Mail to: Art Chairperson, Apopka Art and Foliage Festival, PO Box 378, Apopka, FL 32704-0378
B) You are also required to submit the following items:
Three JPEG photos (of good clarity and at least 300 dpi) of the work you will display and a photo of your booth.
A written description of the work you are submitting, including information on medium/materials, size and title, if applicable, along with a detailed description of the artistic process.
If you have problems sending these files contact the email below.
Please note: Please note: These items must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: No application will be processed until ALL required materials listed above are received.
All categories will be juried by professionals and ALL DECISIONS OF THE JURORS ARE FINAL. Confirmation of jury results will be emailed to you by March 22, 2022. A $10 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds to applicants who are not accepted. After acceptance (March 15), no other refunds will be made. No fee is refundable in the event of inclement weather.
I do hereby release and hold harmless the GFWC Apopka Woman’s Club, Inc. and the City of Apopka of and from any and all manners of actions, suits, damages or claims whatsoever arising from any loss or damage to my property or anyone’s property in my possession or supervision. I agree to permit the GFWC Apopka Woman’s Club to photograph and publish photographs of my property for marketing and promotional purposes. This may include, but is not limited to print or web publication.
I have read all the enclosed information and agree to abide by all rules and regulations described therein. I further understand that leaving before closing times, changing assigned booths, or driving a vehicle onto the grounds between 8:45 AM and 5:00 PM on Saturday and between 9:45AM and 4:00 PM on Sunday without permission from the Festival Committee may result in my being banned from the Apopka Art and Foliage Festival.
STEP ONE APPLICATION
* Requests for specific booth locations are honored when possible. Please note: All electronic submissions imply consent to Rules and Regulations, as well as the above release.